Before comparing vacuum cleaners on the market, let’s make a point of the characteristics and, most importantly, what they represent. Then, you will have a smarter choice of the best vacuum cleaner.
- The suction flow rate is expressed in L / min (liters per minute) – the volume of air will absorb your vacuum cleaner.
- The power consumption (in watts) is the energy consumption. Vacuum energy is not necessarily efficient; however, power is related to the intrinsic characteristics of the vacuum cleaner.
- Depression, whose unit is kPa (kilo Pascal), is your suction force; the higher it is, the better it sucks;
- The capacity of the tank is indicated by L (liter). It depends on the frequency and nature of your applications.
- Weight in kilograms (kg) is important if you need to move your device frequently.
- The lengths of the hose and power cord determine your range. Fortunately, extensions exist!
- The battery, and in particular voltage and amperage, determines its power and autonomy.
- The noise level in dB (decibels) brings you auditory comfort if your use is frequent; the most sensitive opt for ear protection.
- The accessories allow different uses; you can find them depending on your equipment.
- A nozzle slot – for accurate aspiration.
- A nozzle for water and dust.
- A brush – rectangular variable or triangular shape.
- A squeegee to smooth surfaces.
- A variable-shaped nozzle brush.
- A bent suction tube
- The aspirator tubes in the coupling.
- Flexible variable-length suction.
Bag or without the bag?
In short, a vacuum bag is uneconomical but hygienic, and vice versa; a vacuum cleaner bag is economical and practical.
The bag’s presence improves dust filtration; it may be a synthetic material (filter and resistant) or paper (cheap but at the lowest quality). The interest of the bag is to contain residues which are important if you are allergic to dust and dust mites.
For vacuum bags without sides specially designed for housing models, emptying the vacuum cleaner tank can be a big annoying problem! And allergy can affect you again! As you can imagine, in contrast to models with bags, tanks without bag vacuum cleaners are subject to regular cleaning.
Are there new features?
Some yes! Depending on the model, some options facilitate the cleaning task or reduce hours of doing this with specific and new features.
- The filter cleaning can be manual or automatic; manual, you remove the filter and you type; automatic, no need to disassemble for cleaning.
- Sync, compulsory taking to a vacuum shop: allow you to connect your power vacuuming, no more dust in the air.
- Blower, as the name suggests, transforms the vacuum blower: useful for dust in unreachable places or to group leaves;
- The two-stage engine for better weight distribution.
- Pre-filter to better preserve the clogging of the filter.
I understood everything, but I need a referral; you make me a proposal?
To make the right choice, estimate your needs. Your vacuum cleaner’s technical characteristics are related to your work’s nature. The frequency of being used determines its quality, determined by the strength of materials and brand awareness.
Choosing your vacuum cleaner should be based on a mix of specifications and features. The choice of materials and electronic components is also essential. Some vacuum cleaners are designed for industrial use and other environments where hygiene is essential.
Notice: a chip extractor is not a rubble vacuum cleaner, and the wet and dry vacuum cleaner is not an ash vacuum -the ashes are particles that can be heated easily. They can damage the engine in case of suction.